it’s that time of year again… the sun is shining, it’s light longer, we’re grilling, chilling, and enjoying the great outdoors..but those pesky mosquitoes are out in force, searching for their next meal!
the west nile virus is a concern and in south carolina where my mother lives, i swear the mosquitos are the size of hummingbirds, ok maybe not, but they’re crazy!
there’s no need to spray you or your children with toxic chemical bug sprays when you can easily make your own all natural, highly effective bug spray at home for just pennies.
i am a huge fan of using organic essential oils in my home, from all natural cleaners, cough remedies, lip balm, air fresheners and of course bug spray!
- 1/4 cup pure witch hazel hydrosol
- 10 drops citronella essential oil
- 5-10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 5-10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- Using a glass or plastic atomizer spray bottle, pour 1/4 cup pure witch hazel into the bottle, then add your essential oils, shake well before each use.
- Create your own scent! Try adding tea tree, rosemary, cedar, clove, peppermint or mint essential oils.
i hope you’re inspired, and enjoy a natural bug free life!