this recipe is for the dogs… okay, you can technically eat this too, i’m not guaranteeing you’ll love it… i do guarantee your dog will love it!
yesterday we celebrated our two spoiled chihuahuas 11th and 8th birthday (our two chihuahuas were born on the same day 3 years apart in different states, different parents… it was meant to be)…
…and birthdays mean CAKE!
they didn’t get their typical new toy, one because they have enough toys spilling out of their toy crate, and two, our local no kill animal shelter was in dire need of dog food, so Cocopuff and Chloe donated food to the shelter in lieu of gifts. this process was simple, we purchased the dog food on Amazon and had it shipped directly to the shelter. consider donating to your local no kill shelter, they do good work and every little bit helps.
okay, onto the recipe, i used two fairly tall ramekins to yield two 2 1/2″ high cakes. i filled them a little over half way. if you use a smaller ramekin or tin you may need to adjust the baking time.
- 1 organic apple
- 4 tablespoons organic peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon additional organic peanut butter as icing (optional)
- ¼ cup organic brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small dog treat as decoration (optional) I used a organic gingerbread shaped treat
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and dice apple into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add diced apple, peanut butter, brown rice flour, baking powder, and water, mix.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased ramekin (I filled a little over half way).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, remove from ramekin and ice with additional organic peanut butter.
- Top with a fun dog treat, serve!
You can use any shape ramekin or individual tin, adjust baking time depending on depth of batter.
Top with shredded organic carrots.
Top with diced organic apple.
believe me your pampered pooch will love you for baking this cake …and if your kids wants to share, so be it!