Aunt Jo’s Clam Dip is a serious party pleaser! This recipe was passed down from, you guessed it Aunt Jo, apparently if there was a party or family gathering Aunt Jo brought this dip.. so the family named it after, yep.. Aunt Jo.
My husband seriously makes the best batch of clam dip, in fact we have to double the recipe for parties, and literally quadrupole it for Christmas when we go to moms house.. even then it’s seriously one of the first things to disappear.
A party isn’t a party without Aunt Jo’s Clam Dip, it’s a must have!
If you’d like this dip to be clam dip perfection with a nice thick texture do not try to save money by purchasing generic store brands of cream cheese or minced clams. how do we know this..well, because we tried and failed!
- 1 8 ounce package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 6.5 ounce can Snow's minced clams
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons clam juice
- kosher salt
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Drain juice from canned clams reserving the juice.
- By hand, mix the cream cheese, clams and minced garlic.
- Add worcestershire, fresh lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of the reserved clam juice.
- Add kosher salt to taste.
- Chill for 20-30 minutes before serving with Ruffles potato chips (our families favorite) or assorted crackers.