Author Archives: julieb
Eight years ago today my sweet husband proposed marriage to me, so naturally Valentines Day holds a special place in our hearts.
Last year I awoke, came downstairs to a sweetly handmade Valentines Day card, drawn with children’s markers.. it simply melted my heart and thereafter began a new tradition for us.
We are not allowed to buy each other a greeting card (sorry Hallmark, not really!). Each year we create a handmade Valentines to give to each other.
That brings me to this years Valentines Day, I awoke, hurried downstairs to find my Valentine.. he wrote a poem this year.. it read “Roses are red, violets are blue.. and poems are hard”.. Hallmark eat your heart out!!
I’m being a little more techie this year and using my laptop and Word to create mine.. no poem, just a heartfelt message on the back.
- Use Microsoft Word to create a new blank document.
- Font Arial – ‘I’ 100px, ‘ONLY’ 75px with 1 space in between letters, ‘HAVE’ 60px with 2 spaces in between letters, ‘EYES’ 48px with 3 spaces in between letters, ‘FOR YOU’ 26px with 2 spaces in between letters.
- I also spaced in between rows with 20px.
- Print, cut to size for your envelope.
- Do you like this idea? No time? Here’s the PDF.