a delicious pull apart bread that can be made in just under 30 minutes.. no it’s not gluten free, nor dairy free, but it is melt in your mouth perfection..
no cooking skills needed to create this cheesy bread goodness. all you’ll need is a fresh plump loaf of bread in any shape [i have a soft spot for sourdough round loaves, there’s just something about that soft, gooey center].. a good bread knife, your favorite cheese, fresh garlic, butter, green onion, thyme and dill.
did you know..
garlic has several health benefits. cardiovascular, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, and cancer prevention. research has shown that garlic may also improve our metabolism of iron.
..and now the time has come to pull it apart..yum!
- 1 unsliced sourdough round loaf
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ cup butter
- 12 ounces of your favorite cheese sliced thinly
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Slice loaf lengthwise and then widthwise, careful not to slice all the way through.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, add fresh garlic, thyme, and dill. Set aside.
- Insert slices of cheese into the cuts in the loaf.
- Place sliced sourdough loaf onto a baking sheet.
- Add green onions into melted butter, stir.
- Drizzle the butter mixture into all the cracks and crevices.
- Lightly cover with foil creating a dome so the cheese doesn't stick to the foil.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to perfection.