a yummy chocolate banana smoothie, made with plenty of superfood goodness! this is our go-to morning breakfast, it’s quick, easy, and we can run out the door with our smoothie in hand. it’s packed with nutrients and even a couple veggies that your kids will never know are inside, unless of course you tell them.
i purchase raw almonds and oven roast them myself, see how to roast almonds here… oh and i’m not gonna lie, i even top mine with a dollop of whipped cream, after all, chocolate and whipped cream are besties..
if you click on the photo below you’ll receive free shipping on the Vitamix 5200, the same model i own.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk or a combination of both
- ¼ cup raw or roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw whole flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon raw maca powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 ripe large banana
- 1 whole kale leaf
- ¼ whole raw zucchini with skin
- Add water and unsweetened almond milk to your Vitamix or high powered blender.
- Add all other ingredients, use variable speed 1 and increase to 6, add a few ice cubes, switch to high and blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately.