a chocolate banana protein shake that will boost your energy and provide you with plenty of health benefits, yes please!
chocolate for breakfast, i’m all in!
this is my new go to protein shake in the morning when i just don’t have time to cook. it’s packed full of ‘super foods’, antioxidants, vitamins, is also gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, paleo/primal friendly, and yes it tastes great too!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup walnuts or almonds
- 1 small banana
- 1 tablespoon whole flaxseed or flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add unsweetened almond milk to your Vitamix or high powered blender.
- Add all other ingredients, use variable speed 1 and increase to 6, add a couple ice cubes, switch to high and blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately.