Who doesn’t need an energy boost this time of year! Try this smoothie to boost your energy and rev your metabolism!
Raw sunflower seeds are a source of water-soluble B-complex vitamins, as well as vitamin E, the B vitamins work together to keep your metabolism healthy, as well as support other essential processes.
As for those chia seeds, they pack a powerful punch, loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and various micronutrients.
Lastly, raw maca powder a genuine ‘superfood’ that should be an addition to all your creamy smoothies. Maca contains over 55 beneficial and naturally occurring phyto-chemicals (plant chemicals). Those chemicals play critical roles in the hormonal health of our body, including affecting our thyroid gland, immune system, reproduction system and brain.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon, heaping, organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon, heaping, organic raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon, level, raw maca powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon, heaping, raw organic honey
- ¼ raw or roasted almonds
- ice cubes
- Add coconut milk, water and additional ingredients as listed.
- Add 6-10 ice cubes.
- Use variable speed 1 and increase to 6, switch to high and blend until creamy.
- Serve immediately.