a simple cranberry raspberry sauce perfect for the holidays. it’s not only amazing along side the Thanksgiving turkey, it’s the perfect topping for cheesecake as well as dinner rolls.
..and when the holidays are over this sauce is amazing on belgian waffles, pancakes and toast too! ..yum
fresh cranberries contain the highest levels of beneficial nutrients, and are at their peak from October through December, just in time to add their festive hue, and tart tangy flavor to the holidays. when cranberries’ short fresh season is past, you can rely on frozen cranberries.
did you know cranberries are packed with health benefits.
vitamin c, fiber, protection against urinary tract infections, anti-Inflammatory benefits, immune support, cardiovascular benefits, antioxidants, anti cancer benefits, as well as digestive tract benefits.
- 1 cup water
- 1⅓ cup raw sugar
- 3 cups fresh whole uncooked cranberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour water into a large saucepan, add sugar, stir bringing to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and raspberries and return to a boil. Gently stir, you will hear the cranberries popping open.
- Turn the heat down to medium, a low boil, continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the vanilla.
- Carefully spoon sauce into a mason jar and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, keep refrigerated.