Healthy cuticles, healthy nails..
a simple recipe for a natural cuticle cream that will soften and strengthen your cuticles and nails naturally.
guess what? you can use this as a lip balm too!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 1/2 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vegetable glycerin
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 5-10 drops of essential oil
- In a small glass bowl, add the coconut oil, beeswax, jojoba oil, and glycerin.
- Melt the ingredients in the microwave in 30 second increments, until blended into a clear liquid, be careful when removing the dish from the microwave, it will be hot.
- Puncture the end of the vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil into the mixture.
- Add the essential oil (I used lemongrass), stir and use a dropper to fill your container, let cool.
- Apply directly to your cuticles daily, preferably in the evening when you can let the oils soak into your cuticles.
- Moisturize your cuticles/nails on a daily basis.
- Incorporate green tea in your diet. Adding a drop of green tea essential oil, helps fingernail growth.
- Don’t use your nails as a tool to pry things open or scrape things off.
- File your nails in one direction only. Moving a nail file back and forth will actually tear your nails.
- Wear gloves when cleaning and gardening.