there are two must have appetizers at every Thanksgiving and Christmas, the first is Aunt Jo’s Clam Dip and the second is hot artichoke cheese dip and not necessarily in that order..
this is another one of those comfort foods i’ve been cooking for 10+ years. i promise, it’s a hit at any pot luck or large gathering.
for birthdays in our household i cook one of their favorite meals as well as an appetizer, and nine times out of ten, this is their choice for an appetizer.
- 1 8 ounce block Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 can Maria's quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 8 ounce package shredded parmesan cheese
- 1+ tablespoons dry dill weed —to taste
- Soften cream cheese at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop artichokes into smaller pieces.
- Combine softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic, in mixer until smooth.
- Add artichoke hearts, shredded parmesan cheese and dill weed, mix on low until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until you have a golden brown edge.
- Serve hot with sourdough baguettes.
—Recipe is easily doubled (shown in photo)