our family has had a pumpkin bread recipe that’s been in the family for over 20 years, but the problem is, it’s not a very healthy recipe, with 3 cups of sugar it’s a no wonder why it’s been a favorite over the years.
last night i decided to take some time and transform our traditional pumpkin bread recipe into a gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo pumpkin walnut muffin.
honestly, they were so good, and just as moist as my old recipe. i literally just started substituting ingredients, experimented with measurements. they definitely take longer to cook than the chocolate walnut paleo muffins i baked yesterday.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ organic pure unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°, grease muffin pan with palm oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir.
- In a mixer add eggs, beat until fluffy, add all wet ingredients, combine using medium speed.
- Sift in dry ingredients and mix until combined, batter will be thick.
- Spoon into your muffin pan, and push raw walnuts into the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick.