i loveee rice! …and i love my rice cooker! this recipe is a simple way to jazz up your plain ole brown rice. did you know brown rice is a good source of thiamine, niacin, vitamin B-6 and fiber.
my husband and i usually eat rice once during the week, it’s one of our ‘cheat’ foods, yep, i said it.. we cheat on our paleo diet, and once a week along side our baked salmon we have brown jasmine rice, they just go together.. like peanut butter and jelly..
- 2 cups organic brown jasmine rice (use the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker to measure)
- 2 cups water (approximate)
- 2 teaspoon Penzeys Chicken Soup Base
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Heat 1 cup water in the microwave, dissolve soup base in the hot water and pour into the rice cooker.
- Add additional water to the "2" line inside your rice cooker.
- Use the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker to measure 2 approximate cups. Check your rice cooker for instructions.
- Add butter and seasonings.
- Turn rice cooker on and set for brown rice. My rice cooker takes anywhere from 60-75 minutes.