a breakfast muffin never taste so good..my husband makes these for me on the weekend and they’re amazing.. McDonald’s eat your heart out!
we purchase our sausage from the Whole Foods meat counter, they make their own sausage links, nitrate, nitrite free. they’re the only sausage links that don’t upset my tummy.
for a variation, try another flavor of sausage or replace the sausage with a couple slices of oven baked bacon.. yum!
- 1 fresh mild italian sausage link [nitrate/nitrite free]
- 1 english muffin
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Remove the ground sausage meat from the casing by cutting one end and squeezing the meat out.
- Form sausage meat into a patty, cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Fry egg in a small pan, once you flip your egg, add cheese, turn heat off while you prepare your muffin.
- Toast english muffin, add mayonnaise to the english muffin.
- Stack your breakfast muffin, serve hot!